These songs are all about how we deal with time. Getting reflective as the summer winds down.
1. Animal Liberation Orchestra - "The Ticket"
Finally got to see ALO again. I bought my ticket back in April.
2. Catfish & the Bottlemen - "7"
Van McCann's lyrics give a uniquely honest perspective on relationships.
3. Anderson Paak feat. BJ the Chicago Kid - "The Waters"
More Paak. Yes, lawd!
4. Eric Krasno - "Waiting on Your Love"
A hunk of burning funk from the Soulive/Lettuce axeman.
5. Kevin Morby - "I Have Been to the Mountain"
Dig that solo.
6. Son Little - "Nice Dreams"
Son Little's debut LP from last year is still finding new ways to affect me.
7. G. Love & Special Sauce - "Nothing Else Quite Like Home"
I went home to Ocean City, MD for a few days. G. Love was in town, too.
8. Coin - "It's a Trap"
This is poppier than I usually like and also not about Admiral Ackbar, but it's good.
9. Radiation City - "Milky White"
This is what the new Lucius record should've sounded like.
10. Pinegrove - "New Friends"
"The end of summer and I'm still in love with her."