I'm beginning to form my opinions on 2015 as a whole.
1. Gary Clark, Jr. - "BYOB"
I thought it was interesting to reframe this soulful interlude as an intro track.
2. Son Little - "Go Blue Blood Red"
Try not to move your head to this.
3. The Weeknd - "Can't Feel My Face"
Sometimes, millions of people can be right.
4. Saintseneca - "Sleeper Hold"
Zac Little and Maryn Jones trade lines with a joyous intensity that the Decemberists lost a few albums ago. Happy to fill the void with Saintseneca.
5. Animal Liberation Orchestra - "There Was a Time"
Glad to hear the accordion making it back into ALO songs.
6. St. Vincent - "The Antidote"
Found this hard-edged St. Vincent rocker on the Twilight: Breaking Dawn pt. 2 soundtrack of all places.
7. Monophonics - "Lying Eyes"
Hard to believe this isn't some lost cut from the '60s.
8. Whitney Houston - "I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)"
I put this on the playlist when we were returning from apple picking, and literally everyone in the van sang along.
9. Tame Impala - "The Less I Know the Better"
Everyone's creaming their jeans about this album. It's decent, but this is definitely the standout track.
10. Battles - "The Yabba"
This is a bit of a challenging listen at first, but stick it out and you'll be handsomely rewarded.
Post a Comment